INDIVISIBLE’S NATIONAL 5 WEEKLY TO-DOs
TAKE ACTION ON ONE OR MORE OF INDIVISIBLE’S NATIONAL 5 WEEKLY TO-DOs
- Tell your MoC to vote for the Dream and Promise Act, and oppose any motion to recommit. H.R. 6, the Dream and Promise Act, will get a final vote in the House on Tuesday. The Republicans are certain to offer a “motion to recommit” before the final vote, which is a last-minute, bad-faith procedural maneuver to try to split the Democratic caucus and sabotage the bill. Democrats need to hold strong, reject the motion to recommit, and pass H.R. 6!
- Show up for a day of action on June 15th to demand an impeachment inquiry. Robert Mueller made it clear in his remarks last week: if Trump is going to be held accountable, Congress is going to have to meet its obligation as a co-equal branch of government. That’s why we’re joining with MoveOn and other partners for a June 15 day of action to demand an impeachment inquiry—if Congress doesn’t hold him accountable for his abuses of power, no one will.
- Demand that your MoC sign on in support of cutting funding for Trump’s deportation machine. Under Trump, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) have received billions in additional funding to tear gas, separate, and cage families, and to terrorize communities. Members of Congress should sign the letter led by Reps. Jayapal, Pocan, Castro, and Chu calling on the House Appropriations Committee to #DefundHate by cutting funding to the agencies that carry out Trump’s racist immigration policies.
- Tell your MOC to co-sponsor H.R. 1046 to stand up to Big Pharma and cut drug prices. Drug companies charge people more for medicines in the U.S. than they do anywhere else in the world, but Congress has a chance to act to rein them in. House Democrats should co-sponsor H.R. 1046, which would allow Medicare to negotiate prices with drug companies to ensure that people don’t have to choose between their medicine and other necessities.
- Sign up for the National Call on Thursday. June 6 is the next monthly Indivisible National Activist Call! All group leaders, group members, and other Indivisible activists are welcome. We’ll be rolling out our 2-year strategy to defeat Trump and defund hate. You won’t want to miss this.