- This event has passed.
Women’s March on NJ 2018
January 20, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
STAND CNJ is proud to be a sponsor of the Women’s March on New Jersey!
Welcome to the Women’s March on New Jersey 2018, hosted by Action Together New Jersey, BlueWaveNJ, League of Women Voters of the Morristown Area, Mobilizing Montclair, New Jersey Citizen Action, New Jersey Working Families Alliance, and NJ 11th for Change.
We are excited to celebrate the achievements of women since last year’s incredible demonstration of resistance through sister marches across the country. Since then, we ran for office, we organized, we told our stories, we listened, and we voted. We are now ready to mobilize women across New Jersey to bring our Power to the Polls this November, and continue our march towards equity and justice.
The Women’s March on New Jersey 2018 will begin in Morristown, New Jersey at Morristown Town Hall, 200 South Street, at 11:00 a.m. After a welcome and send-off, we’ll head out to march the streets of Morristown, ending at the Morristown Green, where we’ll hear from a program of diversified and compelling speakers. The event will conclude about 1:00 p.m.
Women’s March on New Jersey 2018 Mission Statement: To harness the political power of diverse women and their communities to create transformative social change by providing a safe and accepting platform for supporters to rally and march in promotion of civil rights for every human regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, religion, or creed. In alignment with the national Women’s March platform, we adopt the unity principles related to Ending Violence, Reproductive Rights, LGBTQIA Rights, Workers’ Rights, Civil Rights, Disability Rights, Immigration Rights, and Environmental Justice, as stated here: https://
Women’s March on New Jersey 2018 Goals:
1. Empower every human who participates in the Women’s March on New Jersey 2018 to stand up for their beliefs and their rights.
2. Connect victims of discrimination, civil injustice, sexual harassment, or unfair treatment in an environment that encourages them to share their stories, receive support and know that they are not alone.
3. Remind the elected officials of New Jersey that they report to the people and the people expect their civil liberties to be upheld.
4. Bring hope to those who have lost confidence in our government by physically showing them that the power lies with the people.
5. Remind every New Jerseyan that our right to assemble, march, demonstrate, protest and vote is sacred and should be exercised.
6. Bring our Power to the Polls through increased New Jersey voter registration and participation in both the 2018 primary and general elections. Visit Vote411.org, and enter your address for voting information and local, state and national candidate and ballot questions.
Have you registered for the March on our EventBrite page? https://
Interested in sponsoring the March? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to volunteer for the Women’s March on NJ 2018? Sign up athttps://docs.google.com/
Want to take a Rally bus to the WMONJ2018? Buy your ticket athttp://rallybus.net/