- This event has passed.
Strike 4 Democracy
February 17, 2017
On Friday, February 17, 2017, Strike4Democracy will coordinate over 100 strike actions across the United States, and beyond, to plan for a series of mass strikes to stand up for America’s democratic principles.
- Don’t Work (If you can). Instead plan or take part in an event in your community:
- Plan/Participate in a Day of Service
- Join with other like-minded folks and occupy public space with positive messages of resistance and solidarity.
- Do not purchase anything.
- “#BreakLunch” Use your lunch break to disrupt and participate:
- Use social media to show how you #BreakLunch. Tweet, FB, Instagram, and Snapchat messages that support democracy. Include hashtags #BreakLunch, #GeneralStrike, #F17
- Donate your lunch money that day to cause you believe in. Post about it and use those same hashtags.
- Get creative and show the world how you #BreakLunch
- Reach out to your representatives in Washington DC or your state and tell them why you are “striking” today, and post about it using strike related hash tags.
- If you are a teacher or student, please consider participating in the Teach-In on Democracy. Keep your students engaged.
- This is not a National Day-Off; we’ve got work to do!! Get out and get busy!!! Be Peaceful! Have fun!