- This event has passed.
Somerset County Rally Supporting Immigrant & Muslim Communities
February 4, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
As the shockwaves of President Trump’s Executive Order banning refugees continue to spread throughout the nation, we as a country, and especially as a county, are reminded of the power of standing united against hate, and the importance of speaking up against a policy that is inherently un-American.
Join us this Saturday at 5:30 pm at the Somerset County Court House. There will be a rally and candlelight vigil in support of Somerset Counties immigrant and Muslim communities. I hope you can join us. For more information and to RSVP, please click here.
List of Speakers
Welcoming: Peg Schaffer, Somerset County Democratic Committee Chairwoman and Joe Forte and Pat O’Connell,Somerset County Young Dems Co-Presidents
Prayer Led by Rev. Doctor Tiina Nummela
- Assemblyman Andrew Zwicker (LD16)
- Mayor Phil Kramer, Franklin Township
- Councilwoman Keiona Miller, North Plainfield
- Elizabeth Meyer, Women’s March on New Jersey,
- Azra Baig, Community Activist
- Joe Forte, NJ LGBT Democratic Caucus
- Dr. Karen Gaffney, Raritan Valley Community College and Central Jersey Community Coalition,
- Dr. Alex Kharazi, President of Franklin Township Interfaith Coalition and Director/VP of Masjid-e-Ali Mosque,
- Ali Chaudry, Co-Founder of NJ Interfaith Coalition
- Foday Mansaray, Leader in Sierra Leone Community
Closing Mediation and candle lighting led by Tulsi Maharjan, Chair of the Somerset County Cultural Diversity Coalition