- This event has passed.
March for Truth
June 3, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Marches happening in 40+ cities around the country. As of 5/15, the closest marches to Central Jersey will be in NYC and DC.
DEMONSTRATIONS TO CALL FOR URGENCY, TRANSPARENCY AND AN IMPARTIAL INVESTIGATION INTO RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN THE US ELECTION AND TIES TO THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION
- A SPECIAL PROSECUTOR MUST BE NAMED AND CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATIONS MUST BE PROPERLY RESOURCED
- CONGRESS MUST COMPEL DONALD TRUMP TO RELEASE HIS TAX RETURNS TO CLARIFY ANY FOREIGN OBLIGATIONS
- THE PUBLIC DESERVES TRANSPARENCY AND A NONPARTISAN PURSUIT OF THE TRUTH
Washington, DC– On the back of the bombshell news that Donald Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, a coalition of grassroots, local organizers across the country have joined together under the banner of “#MarchForTruth,” calling for urgency and transparency in the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and ties to Donald Trump and his associates. Demonstrations have been organized in 40+ cities, with more joining each day.
Across the country, peaceful demonstrations will be arranged on Saturday, June 3rd. The goals are simple:
- A special prosecutor must be named and Congressional investigations should be properly resourced and pursued free of partisan interests;
- As much information should be made available to the public as possible, and as soon as possible;
- Congress should require Donald Trump to release his tax returns to clarify his business interests and obligations to any foreign entity;
- If crimes were committed or if collusion is discovered, it must be prosecuted.
The firing of FBI Director Comey, Senate testimony from Sally Yates and James Clapper, and revelations about the Trump administration’s handling of information that Mike Flynn was compromised further underscore the need for urgent, well-resourced investigations. As Senator Richard Blumenthal noted this week, “people want the truth uncovered about how the Russians sought to interfere and undermine our democracy and electoral system. And they also want accountability.”
Participating cities are joining daily. Cities currently planning demonstrations include Austin, Boston, Brandon FL, Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus OH, Eugene, Grand Rapids, Hickory NC, Helena Montana, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madison, Montpelier, Myrtle Beach, New York, Miami, Milwaukee, Melbourne, Omaha, Palm Beach, Pensacola, Portland OR, Raleigh, Rapid City, Reno, Richmond Virginia, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Bernardino, Seattle, St. Joseph MI, St. Louis, St. Petersburg FL, Syracuse, Tri-Cities Washington, and Washington DC. More join each day.
National Partner organizations include Free Speech for People, Town Hall Project, The Opposition and Progressive Democrats of America. Organizing partners include Wisconsin Progressives Alliance, Indivisible St. Louis, Indivisible San Bernardino, We March Party, Indivisible Charleston, Indivisible Chicago, United We Stand, Indivisible Eugene, Resist616, March on Montana, Indivisible Las Vegas, Indivisible Omaha, United Against Trump Pence, Pop Up Protest South Florida, Indivisible RI, Carson City Working Families Party, Northern Nevada Marches Forward, Indivisible Northern Nevada, Action Together Nevada, Get Involved Nevada, Indivisible Richmond, Persisterhood of Saint Joseph, CNY Solidarity, and many others.