- This event has passed.
Immigration Forum, Lawrence Twp
January 17, 2018 @ 7:30 pm
A call to caring citizens of Lawrence Township:
- We, the citizens of Lawrence, care about our neighbors.
- We all want to live in a safe community, one that is welcoming to all the people that live here.
- Many of our neighbors are immigrants; we know the recent news has fostered a climate of fear in the immigrant community, whether they are here legally or not.
- Many immigrants and their family members are hard-working, productive, and law-abiding members of our community.
- For the safety of our community, we want all members to feel safe to contact the police if they are the victim of a crime or to report what they have seen if they witness one.
- We are aware that the police force in our town has limited resources, resources that should be dedicated to protecting the community, promoting public safety, and preventing crime.
We urge the citizens of Lawrence Township to join us in support of a town resolution to reflect the values of our community.
Come here more. Join us.