They’re BAAAAACK……. So YOU better get back on the phone!
Congress is trying once again to give billions of dollars to the rich by taking it from the rest of us! A vote is likely this week. All of NJ’s House Representatives have come out in opposition to the tax bill except for two. Call Rodney Frelinghuysen and Tom Macarthur and tell them to SAY NO to the GOP tax plan!
REP. FRELINGHUYSEN (R-11):
Morristown Office: 973-984-0711; DC Office: 202-225-5034
REP. MACARTHUR (R-3):
Marlton Office: 856-267-5182; Toms River Office: 732-569-6495; DC Office: 202-225-4765
(If you’re not a constituent of Frelinghuysen and MacArthur, here’s what you can say when the staffer asks for your address: “Rep. Frelinghuysen is about to vote on a bill that would affect the entire country. I’m calling to let him know how it will affect my family/my district. I live in [*your town here*] and this tax bill will be bad for my family/my district because…” )
There are so many reasons to oppose the so-called “Tax Cuts & Jobs Act“:
- The House Tax Bill will increase the deficit A LOT, and the official numbers are actually deeply underestimating how much it will add. Though projections from the Joint Committee on Taxation say $1.5 trillion dollars, recent reports suggest this fiscally irresponsible bill could actually add $3 TRILLION DOLLARS to our national debt!
- Many important tax deductions that families depend on would disappear with this bill, like the deduction for medical expenses.
- The House Tax Bill will make it MUCH harder for people to afford graduate school.
- Small businesses will not benefit from these tax cuts. Guess who will– large corporations!
- Workers will not benefit from these tax cuts. Guess who will — CEOs and shareholders!
- The bill gets rid of state and local tax deductions, which will be terrible for New Jersey!
- Most of the benefits of these tax cuts would go to the wealthiest New Jerseyans. 67% of the tax cuts would go to the wealthiest 5% of New Jersey households!
- Tax cuts for the wealthy do not help the economy, and in fact can cause harm.
- Kansas already tried this kind of tax reform, and it was a disaster!
Call Frelinghuysen and Macarthur now and tell them to vote NO on this terrible bill!
Do you hate making phone calls? Don’t worry, you can leave a voicemail after hours, or send a letter instead.
Write to Rep. Frelinghuysen at:
- 30 Schuyler Place, Second Floor, Morristown, NJ, 07960
Write to Rep. MacArthur at:
- Toms River Townhall, 33 Washington Street, Toms River, NJ, 08753
Not in NJ? Find out who your House Representative is here, and call them!