Action Alert – Tell Congress to Support the Citizen Act of 2021
On February 18, 2021, Representative Linda Sánchez (D-CA) introduced in the House HR 1177, a bill To provide an earned path to citizenship, to address the root causes of migration and responsibly manage the southern border, and to reform the immigrant visa system, and for other purposes. On February 22, 2021, Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) introduced an identical bill in the Senate, S 348.
- Create an earned roadmap to citizenship for undocumented individuals
- Grow our economy
- Keep families together
- Protect workers from exploitation and improve the employment verification process.
- Supplement existing border resources with technology and infrastructure
- Manage the border and protect border communities
- Crack down on criminal organizations
- Address root causes of migration
- Replace the term “alien” in the Immigration and Nationality Act with the term “noncitizen.”
A belief in “the inherent worth and dignity of every person” is core to Unitarian Universalism: every person, no exceptions. As religious people, our Principles call us to acknowledge the immigrant experience and to affirm and promote the flourishing of the human family.
We ask you to send an email message to your Congress Person using the link below.[Note: If you are not in fact a member of the Unitarian Universalist faith you will want to edit the message produced by this automated system before sending it to your senators and congressional representative.]
UUSJ Immigration Action Team