TODAY: Tell Our Senators to Fight the AHCA — Join Dems on the Senate Floor Tonight!
UPDATE: Thank you to everyone who made phone calls! Sen. Booker joined the late-night session of speeches against repealing the ACA, and also participated a week later in a rally on the Capitol steps during another midnight session of the Senate. Thank you, Sen. Booker!
Tonight, Democrats are planning to speak late into the night on the Senate floor, to protest Republicans’ refusal to release details about the AHCA bill or hold public hearings on the bill. Call our NJ Senators today and ask them to participate. No “business as usual” in the Senate until we have hearings on AHCA!
Your talking points:
- Thank you for speaking out against the AHCA bill.
- Please join Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) tonight by speaking on the Senate floor to protest Sen. Mitch McConnell’s plan to not allow hearings on the bill before it comes up for a vote.
- Please refuse to allow business as usual in the Senate until we can see and hold hearings on the bill. Withhold consent, filibuster by amendment and boycott non-essential hearings.
Our New Jersey senators have taken strong positions in the battle against the AHCA. Both Sen. Menendez and Sen. Booker have also spoken out against keeping the bill secret until the last minute. Now we need them to use all the tools at their disposal to help keep healthcare for tens of millions of Americans. Indivisible has a plan to stop the AHCA: Senate Democrats can withhold consent from all non-essential Senate business, and filibuster by amendment until the the proposed AHCA bill is shared with the public and considered in public hearings. Along these lines, Sen. Patty Murray is organizing Senate Democrats today in a planned protest on the Senate floor late into the night. We want our New Jersey senators to be a part of it!
Call Sen. Booker and Sen. Menendez and ask them to join with Sen. Murray, use all the procedural tools at their disposal to save healthcare for millions of Americans!
TIP #1: Can’t get thru to the DC office? No problem! Call the local state offices.
- Sen. Booker: 856-338-8922 or 973-639-8700.
- Sen. Menendez: 973-645-3030 or 856-757-5353
Tip #2: Too nervous to make a phone call? No problem! Send a fax!
- Sen. Booker fax: 202-224-8378.
- Sen. Menendez fax: 202-228-2197.