Keep ICE out of NJ’s schools, hospitals, and courthouses! Tell the Law & Public Safety Committee to Move Forward on A4611
Help ensure that New Jersey’s immigrants feel safe going to school, making a doctor’s appointment or testifying as a witness to a crime — tell the State Assembly and bill-sponsor John Wisniewski (D-19): “Move Forward on bill A 4611!”
Assembly bill A4611, introduced by John Wisniewski, would help calm those fears, by limiting immigration enforcement in schools, healthcare settings, shelters and courthouses. It would also prohibit state and local law enforcement agencies from enforcing federal immigration law or sharing information about immigration status, except in the case of a criminal warrant or for a federal request about a person’s criminal arrest and conviction history.
A4611 is currently in the Assembly’s Law and Public Safety Committee. Please join us in making some phone calls to get this bill out of committee and up for a vote! Call the committee chair and Assemb. Wisniewski (phone numbers above). If you live in the following districts, you have a representative on the committee — call them as a constituent and tell them to move forward on A4611!
(856) 547-4800 Assemb. Arthur Barclay (D-5)
(609) 631-0198 Assemb. Daniel Benson, chair (D-14)
(732) 247-3999 Assemb. Joe Danielsen, vice chair (D-17)
(732) 548-1406 Assemb. Nancy Pinkin (D-18)
(908) 238-0251 Assemb. Erik Petersen (R-23)
(973) 539-8113 Assemb. Michael Patrick Carroll (R-25)
(732) 974-0400 Assemb. David Rible (R-30)
(201) 683-7917 Assemb. Annette Chaparro (D-33)
(973) 925-7061 Assemb. Shavonda Sumter (D-35)
Call to support A4611 and help ensure that New Jersey’s immigrant communities can feel safe in our local institutions.