Investigate Sessions! Defending Democracy, Step 4.
You need to do something EVERY DAY this week to help bring about an independent investigation into Trump’s possible ties with Russia. Feeling overwhelmed? We’ll take you step-by-step thru the week, with specific advice for people here in New Jersey. (If you missed Step 1, 2, or 3, you can catch up here, here, and here.
Yesterday’s appointment of a special counsel was a huge step forward! Thanks to everyone who made calls and wrote letters to members of Congress and the deputy attorney general. Let this victory energize you for the work still ahead of getting Congress to create an independent commission whose findings will be available to the American public.
In the meantime, join lawmakers and advocates in calling for an investigation into Att. General Jeff Sessions’ role in the firing of James Comey — and whether his participation is a violation of his pledge to recuse himself from cases involving the Trump campaign’s possible ties to Russia.
Ethics watchdog organization Democracy 21 recently filed a complaint against Sessions and demanded an investigation from the DOJ’s Office of Professional Responsibility. Yesterday, eleven Democratic senators called on the DOJ’s Inspector General to investigate whether Sessions is in violation of the rules of his recusal. Join the call to investigate Sessions by:
- Writing or calling the DOJ’s Office of Professional Responsibility, at 950 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 3529, Washington DC, 20530-0001 or 202-514-3365. Your talking points:
- I stand with Democracy 21 in calling for an investigation into whether Jeff Sessions violated his recusal pledge by participating in the firing James Comey.
- I call on the OPR to ensure that Sessions has nothing to do with any investigations involving the Trump campaign and Russia.
- Writing or calling the DOJ’s Office of the Inspector General, at 950 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 4706, Washington DC, 20530-0001 or 202-514-3435. Your talking points:
- I stand with Senator Warren, Senator Heinrich and others in calling for an investigation into Jeff Sessions’ participation in the firing of James Comey.