Demand an independent investigation into Trump’s ties with Russia! Call your members of Congress TODAY!
UPDATE, 5/11/17: An earlier version of this call-to-action referenced an article that said Congress could appoint a special counsel. That information appears to be wrong. So, focus on asking your members of Congress to support a bill creating an independent commission. And contact deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein every day and urge him to appoint a special counsel–he’s the only one that can do it! (scroll down for contact info)
We can’t let Trump appoint the very person who’ll investigate the Trump campaign’s possible collusion with Russian agents! Call your representatives today and demand that Congress create an independent commission to investigate Trump’s ties with Russia!
(856) 427-7000 Rep. Norcross (1st)
(609) 625-5008 Rep. LoBiondo (2nd)
(732) 569-6495 Rep. MacArthur (3rd)
(732) 780-3035 Rep. Smith (4th)
(888) 216-5646 Rep. Gottheimer (5th)
(732) 249-8892 Rep. Pallone (6th)
(908) 788-6900 Rep. Lance (7th)
(908) 820-0692 Rep. Sires (8th)
(201) 935-2248 Rep. Pascrell (9th)
(201) 369-0392 Rep. Payne (10th)
(973) 984-0711 Rep. Frelinghuysen (11th)
(609) 883-0026 Rep. Coleman (12th)
Not in NJ?
Call to be directly connected to your rep
Not sure who your reps are? Find out here.
Yesterday, the president fired FBI director James Comey, the head of the FBI’s investigation into possible connections between Trump campaign officials and Russian agents. The president will now get to appoint a new FBI director, creating an unacceptable conflict of interest — Trump will now get to appoint the very person who will be in charge of investigating Trump’s potential ties with Russia! Lawmakers now fear that the FBI’s investigation will fizzle or be compromised.
The time for an independent commission and/or a special counsel is now! Lawmakers from both sides of the aisle expressed their dismay over the timing of Comey’s firing yesterday, and several Republicans and Independents have even supported the idea of appointing a select special committee, an independent commission or special counsel to investigate Trump’s ties with Russia. Congress can pass legislation establishing an independent commission. Call your 3 members of Congress today and demand that they:
- write or support legislation that creates an independent commission to investigate the Trump campaign’s possible connections with Russia.
- support the Protecting our Democracy Act (HR 356) and S27, bills introduced in January that would create independent, bipartisan commissions to investigate Russia’s attempts to influence the 2016 election.
(TIP: Can’t get through to DC office numbers (beginning with 202)? Try the local office numbers for your members of Congress. For Sen. Booker call 856-338-8922 or 973-639-8700. For Sen. Menendez, call 973-645-3030 or 856-757-5353.)
If you’d like to take further action, consider calling or writing to the deputy attorney general, Rod Rosenstein, who can appoint a special counsel to investigate Trump associates’ Russian connections. Call 202-353-1555 or write to: Office of the Dep. Attorney General, Dept. of Justice, 950 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC, 20530-0001.
- about concerns raised by the firing of James Comey
- about different ways to investigate possible collusion between Trump’s team and Russian agents
- about how Congress can establish an independent commission
- about how a special counsel can be appointed