Mission and Values
STAND Central NJ’s mission is to support our democracy by fighting for social justice, economic opportunity, and human rights for all, starting from the ground up in New Jersey.
Deeming them to be self-evident, we pledge to uphold each of the following values:
- The inalienable civil liberties afforded by our Constitution — free speech, freedom of the press, and separation of church and state.
- Equal rights for all individuals — women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled individuals, and every disenfranchised group.
- Quality public education for every child, regardless of their address.
- Reproductive rights and access to affordable healthcare for everyone.
- Clean air, clean water, and respect for our environment.
- More jobs, fair wages, and economic growth for all.
In upholding these values, we pledge to:
- Pursue social justice and fight discrimination in all forms.
- Accept a diversity of beliefs, cultures, and lifestyles.
- Reach out to others with a goal of understanding their basic needs.
- Share information and promote awareness of key legislative issues.
- Shape the public discourse around these issues.
- Support political candidates who espouse these values.